Just the other day someone spoke these words to me: "
Katie, you're so much like your Mother!" I have not ever received so great
a compliment. As the years go by, Mother's Day comes and goes. It's the day to
pamper Mom. For some that might entale serving her breakfast in bed, writing her
a meaningful card, treating her to a day at the spa, suprising her with flowers, or taking her out for
lunch. Whatever it is, every May a special day is set aside to honor the ones who do more for us than we can ever imagine. . . and then some. I hope you take advantage of this day. I hope you tell her you love her, and show her you love her through your actions and attitude.
As I grow older I begin to see
more and more that mothers are a wonderful gift from God. Surely He knew we
would need these remarkable women in our lives to guide us, care for us, teach
us, love us, and pray for us. Looking back on the last 19 years of my life I
can see the sacrifices my mom has made for me, but I know I will never fully be
able to understand just how much she has done to impact my life. My Mom - teacher, shopping partner, spiritual encouragement, listening
ear, advocate (and occasionally my prosecutor . . . :), giver of advice, godly
example, and friend. She's the woman who
tells me I can do it, prays for me while I try to, and encourages
me along the way. My biggest fan, and the person many of my fondest memories revolve
around, I count it a privilege to call her my mom and to be her daughter. I don't know if
in the future I will ever again be told that I am so much like my mother , but if I
do hear those words I will smile and thank God. For surely, if I am
like my mother, I must be doing something right. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment